4 Easy Bike Rental SEO Tips with powerful results in google ranking
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can be a complex subject but we have some easy tips for you to climb up the rankings. You don’t want to miss out on clicks and possible bookings.
We analysed over 30 bike rental websites across America and Europe, in four popular bike rental destinations. The results were surprising!
Based on our findings, we have detailed out our top 4 recommendations to rank higher in search engine results:
1. GET YOURSELF A GOOD SEO PLUGIN LIKE Yoast
2. USE HIGH RANKING BIKE RENTAL SEO KEYWORDS
In our analysis, even many of the high ranking bike hire shops were missing the most popular keywords. This is a great opportunity to improve your ranking!
It is super easy. People mainly search for either “bike rental” or “bike hire” and your “location”. For example: “Bike hire Mallorca”. If you don’t use the location in your keyword, you will be lost in google search. If you want to know more about keywords, here is the Ultimate Guide.
Most people make one these three mistakes:
- They fail to optimize for any keywords at all
- They attempt to optimize for too many keywords
- They optimize for irrelevant keywords. You can avoid this if you remember to use one “main keyword” per page or blog post.
What if all my competitors are using the same keyword?
Once most of your competitors have cracked the popular keyword, you will want to get more specific and start using “long tail keywords”, they often bring better quality traffic to your site. Here is a great guide to understanding which long tail keywords could be useful.
Use Long Tail Keywords
For your bike rentals you might want to use the type of bikes you rent, for example “Road bike hire in Mallorca”.
A great place to use long tail keywords is in your content pages like Blog posts or Trail/Routes Page.
Optimise your page with keywords
Use your chosen keywords in your title, meta description, images, headings and subheadings. Below all the top ranking shops have “Bike hire Mallorca” in their title and meta description:
Your meta description is like your advert in the search results. Write a unique, compelling meta description for each page on your site, that communicates your unique selling point and value, including your chosen keyword. Most of the time google will display what you have written in your meta description but google will ultimately choose what they will show.
The next place where you should write your keyword is your Heading and Subheadings, using header tag H1 on your header and not at the expense of readability on your homepage. Here is an example for you how it might look like:
3. FIX YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS AND USE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
You can do this manually, or use a tool like Moz Local. Even minor differences in your business name or address can lead to SEO problems.
If you haven’t claimed and verified your Google My Business Listing yet, that’s the first step. To get started, visit https://www.google.com/business.
This will help you to improve your overall ranking and increase your visibility within Google search and Google Maps. They rank above first organic results. You will only need to enter your information once and it will populate into all of Google’s services. An example of local rankings below:
Be sure to answer all the questions that google is asking in order to make your listing the one people want to click. Add a description of your business and why they should rent bikes from you. For ease of business add opening hours, website address, telephone number, logo, images, etc.
Make your rentals more attractive with Google My Business posts. Think of them as mini ads for your business. You could “advertise” any events that you are involved in, news, offers, season wishes, etc. Including image and a Call-to-Action (CTA).
You should be aware that anybody can “suggest” an edit to your post, so make sure you regularly check the comments people have left and manage them accordingly, as you may not be notified of changes.
Read more about how to make the most of Google My Business in this Guide from MOZ.
4. CREATE USEFUL CONTENT
To reach the right customers, you want to write content with targeted keywords. These are key terms and phrases for which your audience is actively searching. You might have some keywords left from your keyword research you did earlier and you can start writing content based on those popular keywords.
How will you figure the targeted keywords out?
Do some brainstorming:
- Who are your customers? Road/mountain bike enthusiasts? Families?
- What kind of information do they need? What kind of bikes do you rent? Are there good trails nearby? Do you rent bikes for certain events?
- Why do they need that information? Are they on holiday? Do they want to test a bike? Are they participating in an event?
- Which keywords are they using to find information? Do more keyword research. Long-tail keywords are especially useful in your blogs and other information pages.
What should I write?
In addition to the basic content that you probably already have, what else would help with your ranking? Only a few of the bike rentals we analysed had blogs or trail/route content on their websites. It does not need to take you long to write this content. If you just don’t know how to do it, you can always find someone local who loves to write.
Easy options are either writing about your local routes, trails or events. And even better is a blog as it will keep your content fresh and search engines like fresh content a lot.
Each topic should have it’s own page or blog post as you should only use one keyword per page/post. Your blog title should be so catchy that your reader’s can’t resist clicking on it.
Here are some suggestions about what to write in your blog
- Health benefits to cycling
- How to fix a flat tyre whilst out cycling
- Best/Scenic routes in a specific location
- X Electric bike makes it easy to…
Often people will find your website because of your content, even before they decide to rent any bikes. For example, a family is researching for a day out and happen to find your blog post about “A great family day out cycling the x scenic route in x location” or a cyclist researching their next purchase and find out that they can test ride the bikes they are interested in. You will make it easy for them by offering your rental bikes to complete their experience.
Start writing today!
- 7 reasons why Digital Marketing is vital for your bike rental?
- 9 Bike Rental Homepage Must Haves
- Don’t lose out on bookings. How to turn your website visitors into customers.
- Why you should send an email marketing campaign to your bike rental customers and how Bike Rental Manager will make it easier for you.
- Build trust with online visitors: How to get a satisfied customer to leave an online review for your bike rental?
- 4 Easy Bike Rental SEO Tips with powerful results in google ranking
- How to write Blogs and Content that your ideal customers want to read and will drive traffic to your bike rental website
- Tips to boost your bike rentals with Social Media
- How to create Pay Per Click ads for your bike rental store.