If you’re thinking about starting a bike rental business or a bike shop, congrats! It’s a great way to get people active and outside, and it can be a lot of fun. Your bike rental software can save you a ton of time and money by automating all the things that need to be done on a daily basis. In addition, it will help you generate reports and analyse data that can help grow your bike shop in the future.
In this post, we’ll share three pieces of software you’ll need to get your bike shop business up and running.
BRM – Bike Rental Manager
Easy to set up and use, our Bike Rental Management Software allows you to take control of your business free from the distractions of papers, spreadsheets and complicated software systems. We do the hard bits for you with features such as automatic accounting and inventory management, creating a streamlined process that enhances the cycling experience for new customers and enables you to manage tours and events.
What makes our software unique is how it streamlines all the different parts of your bike business into a simple, easy workflow that’s completely tailored to your needs.
- Manages everything from booking to waivers, streamlining your team’s operations.
- Provides information on specific bikes, and as a result, you always know which bikes are available through the inventory management system.
- A proven online booking system with an easy-to-use page makes renting quicker than ever.
- Custom Service Points system, which sets how often your bikes need to be maintained.
- System to maintain your rental availability while setting up events and selling tours. The same system allows staff to book events, tours, and bikes.
- Kiosk mode to streamline your processes in-store.
Book a demo now and see how Bike Rental Manager makes it possible to manage your entire bike rental business in one place.
In the modern business world, there is no area that is growing faster than the popularity of online commerce. To accommodate this trend, businesses need to grow and evolve their ways of doing business to meet the needs of the modern customer. One of the biggest changes that businesses are making is that they are moving away from cash or check-based payment systems and into a digital world where payments are processed with a credit card or through online billing.
This is why payment software for a bike rental business is very important in facilitating seamless transactions. This not only limits itself to transactions; it also plays a vital role in accommodating customer information that can be used for future purposes. For many bike rental business owners, payment software can greatly reduce the risk of costly errors and mishandling of customer data. There are a number of other benefits to using payment software as well in terms of efficiency.
- Credit card and other electronic payment details no longer need to be manually entered. Payments are made much faster this way.
- Your business can cut costs by using payment software.
- Data can be moved to the cloud with payment software.
- Security – any reputable online invoicing software will adhere to Security Standards.
Finally, if you intend to sell bikes as well as rent bikes, you will need a good point of sale (POS) system. This is the software that you’ll use to track your retail stock, handle transactions, and generate reports. There are a lot of great options out there, so take your time and find one that meets your needs.
We strongly recommend Lightspeed POS. It is an end-to-end e-commerce solution that provides Point Of Sale (POS) solutions that are tailored to the exact requirements of each individual company.
- Customisable stock management system
- Ability to accept all payment types, from credit cards to mobile and contactless payments.
- Sophisticated retail analytics
- Built-in eCommerce features and integrations to sell online and offline
- Online marketplaces and social networks like Instagram and Facebook
- Simple and transparent rates for payment processing
- Integrations with accounting, eCommerce marketing apps
These are the three pieces of software you’ll need to set up your own bike shop. With these tools, you’ll be able to manage your inventory, customers, bookings, and payments with ease.
Of course, starting a bike rental business is about more than just having the right software. You’ll also need a good location, a strong marketing plan, and a team of dedicated employees. But with the right tools in place, you’ll be well on your way to success.